E Investor Visa

E visas are not available to citizens of every country, but for those who qualify, it can be a very effective way of conducting international business. E visas are initially issued for two years and are effectively renewable without limit. Spouses and children under 21 may accompany the applicant. There are two types of E visas: E-1 (treaty trader) and E-2 (treaty investor).
For both types of E visas the following requirements must be met:

  • The country must be on the list of countries that have a treaty with the US enabling the national to use this visa.
  • At least 50% of the company must be owned by Nationals of Country X.
  • The applicant must possess the Nationality (not mere resident status) of the country.
  • The applicant must intend to depart upon expiration or termination of the E-1/2 visa.
    For the E-1 visa, the following must apply:

  • There must be an existing trade (goods, services, monies, advertising, tourism, technology, data processing, international banking, etc).
  • The trade must be substantial (the amount of trade must be sufficient to ensure a continuous flow of international trade items between the US and the treaty country).
  • The trade must be principally between the US and the treaty country.
  • The position must be supervisory/executive or essential to the successful/efficient operation of the enterprise.
    For the E-2 visa, the following must apply

  • The investment must be active (intended to generate profit).
  • The investor must be personally at risk.
  • The investment should create jobs for non-family members.
  • If the individual is the principal investor, he/she must solely direct and develop the enterprise.
  • If the individual is an employee, his/her duties must be supervisory/executive or essential to the successful/efficient
    operation of the enterprise.
  • Legal Consultation

    The office hours of the firm are between 9 AM and 6 PM Monday through Friday.

    Please call one of our offices to set up an appointment for a legal consultation.

    Office Location

    Raleigh, NC
    8801 Fast Park Drive Suite 313
    Raleigh, NC 27617

    Vienna, VA
    8133 Leesburg Pike, Suite 801
    Vienna, VA 22102

    Online Payment

    Pay online with any major credit card or checking account through PayPal's secure online payment system.

    Question of the Month

    My marriage based adjustment of status case has been pending for over two years, what can I do?

    You may consider filing a writ of mandamus action in federal court. Read more on the Writ of Mandamus

    Information about different Visas used for immigration:
    H-1B Visas: temporary work visas for workers in specialty occupations.
    K-1 visas: for a fiance' or fiancee'
    K-3 visas: for a spouse of a U.S. citizen. Often referred to as the marriage visa.
    E Visas: for investors conducting international business.
    L Visas: for employee transfers

    Serving people with immigration concerns throughout the United States, and in NC cities such as Raleigh, Durham, Charlotte, Greenville, Greensboro, Cary, Wilmington, Winston-Salem, Fayetteville, Morrisville, Cary, Rocky Mount, Goldsboro, Hillsborough, Chapel Hill, Sanford, Jacksonville, Asheville, Asheboro, Carrboro, Burlington, Wilson, New Bern, High Point, Morehead City, Elizabeth City, Roanoke Rapids, Henderson, Wake Forest, Smithfield, Concord, Gastonia.

    Wake County, Durham County, Orange County, Mecklenburg, Forsythe County, Buncombe County, Guilford County, Cumberland County, Chatham County, Alamance County, Gaston, Johnston County, New Hanover County. Pitt County.

    Need help with immigration? Contact us and let us help you become a US Citizen.
    8801 Fast Park Drive, Suite 313 Raleigh, NC 27617 • Tel: 919/834.3535 • Fax: 919/334.7339
    Copyright 2012 - Law Offices of Omar Baloch, PLLC | Disclaimer

    scroll to top