R Religious Visa

The new Immigration Act established the R visa category for religious workers. Religious Workers are defined as aliens who are coming to the United States solely to work for a bona fide nonprofit religious organization or denomination.
In order to qualify for this type of visa, the purpose of the applicant’s trip must be to work either as a minister of religion, or at the request of the organization or affiliated organization in a religious vocation or occupation, whether in a professional (normally requiring a Bachelor’s degree) capacity or not. To qualify, the applicant must be able to show that:
1) He/she is a member of a religious denomination
2) He/she has been a member of the religious denomination for two years immediately preceding admission
3) The religious denomination is nonprofit
4) He/she is coming to pursue a religious vocation or occupation
5) He/she has sufficient funds to support him/herself without recourse to employment other than the religious work for which the visa is granted.
R visas are normally issued for two years. The spouse and children (under the age of 21) of the R visa holder are also entitled to R visas. They may not seek employment in the United States, but are able to attend school.

Legal Consultation

The office hours of the firm are between 9 AM and 6 PM Monday through Friday.

Please call one of our offices to set up an appointment for a legal consultation.

Office Location

Raleigh, NC
8801 Fast Park Drive Suite 313
Raleigh, NC 27617

Vienna, VA
8133 Leesburg Pike, Suite 801
Vienna, VA 22102

Online Payment

Pay online with any major credit card or checking account through PayPal's secure online payment system.

Question of the Month

My marriage based adjustment of status case has been pending for over two years, what can I do?

You may consider filing a writ of mandamus action in federal court. Read more on the Writ of Mandamus

Information about different Visas used for immigration:
H-1B Visas: temporary work visas for workers in specialty occupations.
K-1 visas: for a fiance' or fiancee'
K-3 visas: for a spouse of a U.S. citizen. Often referred to as the marriage visa.
E Visas: for investors conducting international business.
L Visas: for employee transfers

Serving people with immigration concerns throughout the United States, and in NC cities such as Raleigh, Durham, Charlotte, Greenville, Greensboro, Cary, Wilmington, Winston-Salem, Fayetteville, Morrisville, Cary, Rocky Mount, Goldsboro, Hillsborough, Chapel Hill, Sanford, Jacksonville, Asheville, Asheboro, Carrboro, Burlington, Wilson, New Bern, High Point, Morehead City, Elizabeth City, Roanoke Rapids, Henderson, Wake Forest, Smithfield, Concord, Gastonia.

Wake County, Durham County, Orange County, Mecklenburg, Forsythe County, Buncombe County, Guilford County, Cumberland County, Chatham County, Alamance County, Gaston, Johnston County, New Hanover County. Pitt County.

Need help with immigration? Contact us and let us help you become a US Citizen.
8801 Fast Park Drive, Suite 313 Raleigh, NC 27617 • Tel: 919/834.3535 • Fax: 919/334.7339
Copyright 2012 - Law Offices of Omar Baloch, PLLC | Disclaimer

scroll to top