F Student Visa

The F-1 visa is for academic students in colleges, universities, seminaries, conservatories, academic high schools, other academic institutions and language training programs. In order to be eligible, the student must be able to prove that he/she has a residence abroad and no intention of immigrating to the US. In addition, the student must show sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses. The student is allowed to stay in the United States for as long as he/she is enrolled as a full-time student and is making normal progress towards completing the course of study. The student’s spouse and children under the age of 21 may be granted F-2 status.
Generally, an F-1 student may not work. However, an F-1 student may obtain curricular practical training (work which is part of the curriculum such as an internship required to complete a course of study) while in school. An F-1 student may also obtain optional practical training while in school and/or after graduating. Post-graduation optical practical training is full-time and is not employer specific. Optional practical training is granted for up to one year. Furthermore, an F-1 student may engage in on-campus employment and if there is an unforeseen economic necessity, the student may obtain employment authorization while in school. At the end of the student’s studies or practical training, he/she is given sixty days to prepare to leave the country.

Legal Consultation

The office hours of the firm are between 9 AM and 6 PM Monday through Friday.

Please call one of our offices to set up an appointment for a legal consultation.

Office Location

Raleigh, NC
8801 Fast Park Drive Suite 313
Raleigh, NC 27617

Vienna, VA
8133 Leesburg Pike, Suite 801
Vienna, VA 22102

Online Payment

Pay online with any major credit card or checking account through PayPal's secure online payment system.

Question of the Month

My marriage based adjustment of status case has been pending for over two years, what can I do?

You may consider filing a writ of mandamus action in federal court. Read more on the Writ of Mandamus

Information about different Visas used for immigration:
H-1B Visas: temporary work visas for workers in specialty occupations.
K-1 visas: for a fiance' or fiancee'
K-3 visas: for a spouse of a U.S. citizen. Often referred to as the marriage visa.
E Visas: for investors conducting international business.
L Visas: for employee transfers

Serving people with immigration concerns throughout the United States, and in NC cities such as Raleigh, Durham, Charlotte, Greenville, Greensboro, Cary, Wilmington, Winston-Salem, Fayetteville, Morrisville, Cary, Rocky Mount, Goldsboro, Hillsborough, Chapel Hill, Sanford, Jacksonville, Asheville, Asheboro, Carrboro, Burlington, Wilson, New Bern, High Point, Morehead City, Elizabeth City, Roanoke Rapids, Henderson, Wake Forest, Smithfield, Concord, Gastonia.

Wake County, Durham County, Orange County, Mecklenburg, Forsythe County, Buncombe County, Guilford County, Cumberland County, Chatham County, Alamance County, Gaston, Johnston County, New Hanover County. Pitt County.

Need help with immigration? Contact us and let us help you become a US Citizen.
8801 Fast Park Drive, Suite 313 Raleigh, NC 27617 • Tel: 919/834.3535 • Fax: 919/334.7339
Copyright 2012 - Law Offices of Omar Baloch, PLLC | Disclaimer

scroll to top