The New Immigration Law

Yes, there is a new immigration law. And yes, it is good news. But it is not for everybody, and you must talk to an immigration lawyer to know whether it will help you in your case. If you think you qualify, give our office a call at 919-834-3535 to schedule your consultation.

Here is what you need to know:

  • Everyone’s case is different. Some will qualify, some will not. Only a lawyer can tell you whether you qualify.
  • You have to qualify before you can file an application under the new law.
  • If you qualify, you can file even if you have an order of deportation.
  • You have to have entered the US before you turned 16
  • You cannot be more than 31 years old now
  • You cannot have any serious misdemeanors or felonies
  • You have to have more than 5 years of residence in the US
  • You have to either be in school, graduated high school, have a GED, or have served in the military
  • If you qualify, you can get a work permit, a social security number, a driver’s license, and other benefits.
    You will hear a lot of talk about this law. ONLY TAKE ADVICE FROM A LAWYER. Only a lawyer can help you determine whether you qualify, and what you need to file, and to which government agency. It can be dangerous to file an application if you do not qualify.

Legal Consultation

The office hours of the firm are between 9 AM and 6 PM Monday through Friday.

Please call one of our offices to set up an appointment for a legal consultation.

Office Location

Raleigh, NC
8801 Fast Park Drive Suite 313
Raleigh, NC 27617

Vienna, VA
8133 Leesburg Pike, Suite 801
Vienna, VA 22102

Online Payment

Pay online with any major credit card or checking account through PayPal's secure online payment system.

Question of the Month

My marriage based adjustment of status case has been pending for over two years, what can I do?

You may consider filing a writ of mandamus action in federal court. Read more on the Writ of Mandamus

Information about different Visas used for immigration:
H-1B Visas: temporary work visas for workers in specialty occupations.
K-1 visas: for a fiance' or fiancee'
K-3 visas: for a spouse of a U.S. citizen. Often referred to as the marriage visa.
E Visas: for investors conducting international business.
L Visas: for employee transfers

Serving people with immigration concerns throughout the United States, and in NC cities such as Raleigh, Durham, Charlotte, Greenville, Greensboro, Cary, Wilmington, Winston-Salem, Fayetteville, Morrisville, Cary, Rocky Mount, Goldsboro, Hillsborough, Chapel Hill, Sanford, Jacksonville, Asheville, Asheboro, Carrboro, Burlington, Wilson, New Bern, High Point, Morehead City, Elizabeth City, Roanoke Rapids, Henderson, Wake Forest, Smithfield, Concord, Gastonia.

Wake County, Durham County, Orange County, Mecklenburg, Forsythe County, Buncombe County, Guilford County, Cumberland County, Chatham County, Alamance County, Gaston, Johnston County, New Hanover County. Pitt County.

Need help with immigration? Contact us and let us help you become a US Citizen.
8801 Fast Park Drive, Suite 313 Raleigh, NC 27617 • Tel: 919/834.3535 • Fax: 919/334.7339
Copyright 2012 - Law Offices of Omar Baloch, PLLC | Disclaimer

scroll to top