Yes, there is a new immigration law. And yes, it is good news. But it is not for everybody, and you must talk to an immigration lawyer to know whether it will help you in your case. If you think you qualify, give our office a call at 919-834-3535 to schedule your consultation.
Here is what you need to know:
- Everyone’s case is different. Some will qualify, some will not. Only a lawyer can tell you whether you qualify.
- You have to qualify before you can file an application under the new law.
- If you qualify, you can file even if you have an order of deportation.
- You have to have entered the US before you turned 16
- You cannot be more than 31 years old now
- You cannot have any serious misdemeanors or felonies
- You have to have more than 5 years of residence in the US
- You have to either be in school, graduated high school, have a GED, or have served in the military
- If you qualify, you can get a work permit, a social security number, a driver’s license, and other benefits.
You will hear a lot of talk about this law. ONLY TAKE ADVICE FROM A LAWYER. Only a lawyer can help you determine whether you qualify, and what you need to file, and to which government agency. It can be dangerous to file an application if you do not qualify.